Gamer Glasses?

Posted by Mary-Sue Tuesday, December 8, 2009

*

This just in: Taking geekdom to a whole new level.

A company called Gunnar Optiks is now making ... yes, you guessed it... glasses for gamers.

Termed "Digital Performance Eyewear," the glasses are supposed to offer a number of benefits for those who stare at the screen all day: reduced glare and external light (thus less eye strain), wrap-around frames to protect your eyes from drying out, rimless lenses so that you get an unobstructed view of the screen...

I don't know if the glasses actually work. I do know that if I spend more than an hour or two staring at a game, my contacts feel like they're about to flip out of my eyes and run screaming across the table. So I'd be willing to try them, just to see.

Still, just think of this: these glasses could become THE new must-have pick-up wear for gamers who actually leave the house. "Oooh, she's wearing the Game Goggles 2.14. She must be a hard-core raider. I'm going to ask her out." You'll see celebrities sporting these glasses, proving their gamer-status. And even non-gamers will wear them, in an attempt to up their geekiness. There'd be cat calls at the Golden Globes. "You're not really a gamer, J. Lo! Take off those glasses!"

Ah. -sigh- The bizarre dreams of us gamer geeks.

Now if someone would just make contacts for gamers. Then I'd be a really happy girl...

Camp that corpse! M-J

*

0 comments

Post a Comment

Emanata

I'm a hardcore gamer with legs like a Belf, a mouth like a murloc, and a heart like a mottled warg. Okay, three out of four of those are true...

By Game

By Topic

By Type